Sunday, May 23, 2010

More Journal entries:

1. "What can I say in parting - except that it is all about the people and God's love for them. I am thankful for the opportunity I have had to testify of the Savior and the restored gospel. The time on a mission I have had is very precious to me and I am grateful to you for your examples and desires to serve. Good luck and all the best in everything your do!"

2. "This is such a beautiful home! It seems like I've never left America a few days ago. Sister McQueen is a great cook and this apartment is so nice and warm. It's great to be here and feel of the McQueen's spirit. Thank you!"

3. "This is such an awesome place! I am so excited to work as hard as I can all the time for the Lord. This church is true. I love it and want to share it with everyone!"

4. "This is all still kind of weird for me. I can't wait to get started, but I still don't know what to expect. This has been a great experience so far, and I'm sure it'll get better. Can't wait!"

5. "I am just way excited to be here. I want to work hard and be the best missionary in this mission! I love the Ukraine and hope to help a lot of people!"

6. "Thank you so much for your hospitality. I have felt your kindness so much since I have been here. I want to do the best I can. I know that I am in the right place here. I can't wait to get to work. Thanks again."

7. "Thank you for your love and support. This will be a new experience for me of course. But it is one that I need. Thank you for serving us all Thanksgiving. Many in the district truly needed it. I am ready for this experience. Here I go! Thank you so much. It is good to know that you are here for your love and support."

8. "I just want to thank you for your love. All is well."

9. Some comments from some of the missionaries who were kicked out of Kharkov in Dec 1999.

"I was here."

"Having been cast from my area in Kharkov I slept my first and probably last night in the posch second spare room at presidents. Been a pleasure."

"I feel like a poor refugee."

"It's so nice to be here again! Good food, sleep and shower."

"I've got a cold and I've been deported. The work is still true. Enjoy!"

"Its been a pleasure to be a guest in the palace."

10. "The mission was great! I will never forget it. Only love works!"

11. "I am so happy to have served inUkraine! Keep working!"

12. "I've only been here a few hours but I already love Ukraine!"

13. "Wow, I wonder if I can do this? I'm not going home, and I've been here...well a long time. Elder _____ and Elder _____ love being in the office! I'm just tech support. Well for all you who read this know that I sat here and pondered deep thoughts. 'Hmm that was good food. I wonder what it means when the salads get mixed and you throw a brownie on top?' I guess we'll find out tonight after its had time to sit. Any other deep thoughts are also free of charge, just ask Elder _____ or write new office Elder!"

14. "2 years? I'm going home. I should probably write something profound and wise, maybe all the wisdom I've accumulated in two years of missionary work. All I can say is that its been real. I have seen the gospel change lives and felt the gospel change me. I am and will be eternally grateful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity that I had to be a missionary in Ukraine. I love the missionaries, the members and the investigators. If you are interested, ask the president about my boils. Work hard. Be good. Live the gospel. Let the Lord change you. Smile."

15. "Its incredible to think that this time has already come. Its been a great two years, I'll remember them for the rest of my life. Its really neat to think how our Heavenly Father prepares the way for us. I know lots of lives have been touched, because the Lord has prepared the way so we met one another. This church is true. I know it. It's crazy to think of the growth in the understanding of the gospel, which has come to one through this work. I'm forever grateful to my Heavenly Father for this opportunity. Thank you President and Sister McQueen for your love, examples and everything. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to help you and be around you at the end of my mission and the beginning of yours. Thank you very much."

16. "Thank you, thank you, thank you for the opportunities you gave me. This mission is a gift from God. I will always be thankful for it. President, don't worry about me. I am in the church to stay and I will serve Him to the very end of all. This church is Christ's."

17. "May God bless you in your efforts to lead the church onward here. I dearly love this place and I know the day will come when wards and stakes shall dot the land. You've taught me and loved me and I want you to know I will be eternally grateful and I will be willing to help you in anyway you will ever need. The work here will go onward blossoming faster and faster as the missionaries get the spirit. I wish you the best in all you do."

1 comment:

Kim said...

Man, talk about a trip down memory lane - maybe just because my thoughts mirror so many of the thoughts here. Thanks for the wonderful, uplifting messages!

Love,
Kim Cottrell Shelton